The Art of Location Scouting
with Emily Bien
Find the PERFECT location every time with Emily’s systematic, step-by-step method!
Learn Emily’s complete location scouting method and session approach, from initial location search all the way to the final edit.
YOU'LL COME AWAY WITH
- The tools for choosing and using locations for successful sessions and gorgeous galleries
- New ways to capitalize on your location's unique features and seasonal changes so that your images really stand out
- The criteria you should use to determine a location's suitability and make choices in a session (including what equipment you use)
- Hand-editing techniques for Lightroom and Photoshop that will transform your photos, from color manipulation to photo merges
This course is for you if...
- You want a step-by-step process to help you find perfect locations that will inspire your creative process
- You have moved, haven't been able to find any great spots in your area, or just want a few awesome new locations to set your work apart
- You want to put together a "sunny plan" and an "overcast plan" for all of your shoots so you are ALWAYS prepared
- You just know you could do more to make the most of the locations around you – but it never turns out the way you envisioned
START YOUR LEARNING PATH
Learn on any device! All class content is organized into simple steps as part of a clear, self-guided pathway inside your private online classroom.
WATCH THE Q&A
Read through Emily's answers to questions asked during the launch event (now concluded) and watch her Q&A video!
COMPLETE THE STEPS
You'll check off each interactive step as you go, from watching the videos to engaging in discussions with your instructor and fellow students.
All class materials are yours to download and keep.
WHAT'S INSIDE YOUR ONLINE CLASSROOM?
Exclusive 117 page eBook
- How to find potential locations, from the ground up
- What to look for in a location – what works and what doesn’t
- How location choice influences the anatomy of a photoshoot and how Emily’s session “framework” provides a solid foundation to stay organized
- What to do when things get challenging in a session; how to prioritize, how to adapt, and how location choice can help you with this!
9 Videos (3 Hours of Footage!)
- Behind-the-scenes at a photoshoot where Emily demonstrates how she plans and executes a session at a brand-new location
- Two Location scouting videos where you’ll join Emily and learn to see potential locations through her eyes
- A video self-critique where Emily reflects on what went well, what she’d do differently, and why
- Three editing videos using lightroom and photoshop where you’ll see how Emily hand-edits her photos from scratch
- Two demonstration videos showing techniques used to find potential locations and how to read the sun position when location scouting
about your presenter
Emily Bien is a photographer and educator based in Suffolk, UK. She shoots lifestyle portraiture and is most drawn to natural spaces, texture, and minimalism. She has photographed hundreds of clients while living in numerous locations around the globe and loves mentoring fellow photographers, from complete beginners to seasoned professionals. In 2020 she was accepted as Click Pro Elite and in 2021 was invited to become a Click Photo School presenter.